What is thePoint?
thePoint is the new KCTCS Intranet. Please go to http://legacy.kctcs.edu/wsi/projects.cfm?projectID=1 for more information.
Accessing thePoint / Using thePoint
To access thePoint, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://thepoint.kctcs.edu/.
- You will thbe prompted to enter a username and password.
- To login to thePoint, enter your KCTCS username (e.g. kctcsacc\jdoe0001) and KCTCS password. Be sure to include the kctcsacc\ before your username.
- To search the KCTCS system-wide directory, click on Directory.
- For Business Services and Human Resources information and forms, go to Departments in the top navigation bar.
- For all KCTCS forms, go to Forms. Attention: All KCTCS forms were moved to thePoint as of March 31, 2009.
- For KCTCS Teams/Committees information (only shows KCTCS committees/teams you are on), go to Teams. These team sites will allow to collaborate with other team members more effectively.
- For tasks that were assigned to you through a team site, go to Tasks.
- For technical support or other issues, go to Help. Click on New Service Request. Fill out the form and click Save.
Trouble logging in? If you are having trouble logging in, you may call Loren at 246-4607 or e-mail me him at email@example.com, and he will ensure you receive prompt assistance.
Training for thePoint
To sign up for training, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.kctcs.edu/wsi/
- On the horizontal menu below the Web Services Initiative title, click on Training.
- On the page with the text "Please log in to register for thePoint training," please enter your KCTCS Username and KCTCS Password and press Continue.
- On the page with the text "ThePoint Training," scroll down to view Upcoming Training Sessions at Bluegrass.
- Click the green circle with the white + next to the training date you wish to take.
What about ITES?
ITES, the BCTC Intranet, is still active and will continue to house all college specific applications including:
- Selective Health Admissions (Administrative)
- BCTC Discussions Board
- M&O Work Orders
- Room Reservations
- Faculty/Staff Elections
- Peer Evaluations
- and more...