Academic Bankruptcy: Application

A student who has been readmitted after having remained out of a KCTCS College for a period of two or more years (at least four 16-week semesters) and who has completed at least 12 credit hours in non-developmental and non-remedial courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better after readmission, may choose to have his/her previous KCTCS course work removed from the computation of the grade point average.

A student who declares academic bankruptcy will continue to receive credit for those courses in which a grade of A, B, C, D, or P was earned prior to readmission without including those grades in the GPA computation. A student who has completed a credential and re-enrolls may not apply the academic bankruptcy rule to courses taken for the credential already completed. A student may only use the academic bankruptcy option once

After reading the guidelines above I believe that I am eligible to file academic bankruptcy. I am requesting the Bluegrass Community and Technical College use the Bankruptcy Option on my BCTC and/or KCTCS coursework.


For any questions please contact the BCTC Student Records Office at 859-246-6490 or e-mail